Sharing With Love

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Yoga and Pilates Blog: Supta Virasana (Reclining Hero)

I’ve some important updates on this pose! Remember how I mentioned about my quest on finding the answer to whether yoga and pilates can help heal indigestion? I think Supta Virasana really does work. The other day I felt this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach after eating. I wasn’t feeling nausea just uncomfortable. I quickly placed a towel on the floor, got down my knees and set on my heels. I sat up as straight as I could and breathed. I did about 30 counts and slowly felt a bit relieved after that. It was like a miracle. The process helped me to burp. Then slowly I tried to lean back. I’m not that flexible yet but I just leaned back as much as I was able to. I’m going to practice this pose everyday where possible.