Sharing With Love

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Memory Blog: Moving on to the next chapter

I’ve completed memorizing all the prefixes, suffixes and root words from the vocabulary section of Master Your Memory. To tell you the truth, I’ve been too lazy to try to see how many of those words I can recall so I can’t really say if the SEM3 method is really working. I think I might have forgotten some of the words in between. However, I couldn’t wait to move on to studying some foreign languages so I went on to chapter 14 of Master Your Memory

According to the book, 50% of each spoken language consists of 100 basic words so if we memorize these 100 words, we should be able to roughly make out something out of the language. The book gave a list of 100 words from 7 of the most spoken languages in the world. I started off the Italian words and I’ve decided to memorize 25 words per word. This means that if I remain disciplined enough to keep this up, I should be able to memorize the 100 basic words from each language each month. Will I be able to understand some Italian by then? Hmmm...