Sharing With Love

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yoga and Pilates Blog: Learning to stay on balance

I have not practiced my balancing poses for a few days and now I can’t do it well. My leg wobbled when I tried to balance on one leg and leaned forward. Concentration is very important and now I know why yoga and pilates can be very important for people who want to meditate. It’s all about training the mind. It makes you forget your stress and troubles because you’ll be so busy keeping your balance that you won’t have time for negative thoughts. (I’m suddenly reminded of a scene from The Karate Kid. “Focus!”) And of course it also helps the legs get stronger. I have skinny, stick-like, bird-like legs. I really need to work on those. Practice, practice, practice. That’s what I have to do each day.