Sharing With Love

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Review: Eat Love Pray. Part 3

I’ve just finished reading the part where she is first settling down in India. I found chapter 38 very enlightening. She wrote about what yoga and meditation is truly about. Great insight there. It’s not just a fitness activity. People do yoga to help connect their mind and body so that they can meditate better. How true.

I can relate to what she means when she says she has trouble focusing on her meditations. My mind tends to wonder around too whenever I meditate on my rosary beads. Thoughts about work and worries would pop in whenever I try to concentrate on the words of the repetitive prayers. Wow, now at least I know I’m normal. Hee hee!
I stopped reading at the part where she meets Richard as the Ashram. Her introduction of Richard was very funny. Richard had her told to always be very careful what she asked for in prayer because she would really get it. Each day, he had prayed very hard to God to open up his heart because he wanted to reach out to God badly and…ah… I shall let you find out the rest when you read the book yourself. I couldn’t stop laughing after I read that part. I really like her sense of humour. It had me smililng even after I put the book down. To be continued in another review…
Get the Book from Amazon:


Get the Kindle Version from Amazon: