Sharing With Love

Monday, October 25, 2010

Back to Virasana and Vajrasana pose again

I’m getting better and better at the Vajrasana pose each time I practice. Last night I had stomach discomfort after eating my supper and I immediately got down my knees and went into the vajrasana pose. It helped me to burp and feel better. This is the number one pose that I always get into after a meal that makes me feel uncomfortable.

As for the virasana pose aka diamond pose, I can’t do the full pose properly but a book recommended that I do the half virasana pose first. To do this, sit with one leg extended out in front of you while the other leg is bent and the heel is touching your thigh. Lie backwards and feel the stretch on your quadriceps for a few counts. Switch over to the other leg. To do the full pose, sit on a towel or cushion and lie backwards. For me, I still trouble doing the full one even with pillows…..