Sharing With Love

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The secret of how to knit your own patterns

I’ve a friend who tells me that she doesn’t spend any money buying knitting pattern books at all. She has the ability to look at a bag, sweater or any other project and copy the design by knitting out her own pattern. Wow, that is so cool! Imagine knitting a bag that you like from a shop’s window…. Or even duplicating your favourite sweater….

I’ve always wondered how people do it. The last time I tried to knit a basic curve on my own, I ended up with a slope instead. The secret, my friend says, is to draw it out on graph paper. It’s like cross stitch. You just have to knit each square as you see it. It sounds pretty easy but will it be as easy as it sounds? That’s what I’m going to find out for my next project.