Sharing With Love

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Twilight Part 1

Hi, this is Fluffy the Cub reporter. I’m a guest blogger for Fragments and I’m here to do a book review of the much talked about “Twilight (The Twilight Saga)” by Stephanie Myer. I’ve not watched the movie or read any of the books before. Basically I want to know why there is so much hype about this story among my friends so I decided to put this next on my reading list. After much delay, I finally went to the store to get the book yesterday. And guess what, I was so surprised to learn that this book is classified as a teenage novel. What? Isn’t this the story that lots of women (those in the office as well) were going gaga about because of the movie? The guy who plays Edward Cullen, Robert Pattinson was also another reason why my friends were watching the movie. Even those in their 30s and 40s. :-0!

Anyway, last night I read the first two chapters of the book. So far the story was just okay… It begins with how and why Isabelle Swan, aka Bella decides to move to Forks and live with her father. And on her first day of school, she meets the guy who is destined to become the love of her life, Edward Cullen. Now we all know that they will fall in love and eventually get married. So at their very first meeting ….well, it wasn’t so much of love at first sight with angels chorusing in the background. It was more like…some sort of culture shock?


When we first meet Edward Cullen in the book, we learn that he is a very good looking dude who comes from a family who are all equally good looking people but he is also a very weird guy. He doesn’t even bother to introduce himself to Bella. He actually sniffs at her and recoils making Bella upset. (!!!) And the following week, he suddenly becomes very friendly with her. At this point, we all know that Bella is attracted to him because she seems nervous in front of him. Bu he, on the other hand, seems to be mocking at her as she drives out of the school’s parking lot. So does he like her at all? Is he pretending that he doesn’t like her? When is he going to bare his fangs to reveal his true identity? Will his family plan their next meal with Bella in their menu? What sort of herbs and spices will go along with their meal? (Twilight Zone music). Of course, you do know that I’m only exaggerating right? Ok that’s as far as I went in the book. I’ll have to continue the review in part 2 as I read more…till then tune in to my next blog review. This is Fluffy signing off as guest blogger. Adios.