Sharing With Love

Monday, November 01, 2010

SEM3 and Italian Words again

And now back to the Self-Enhanced Memory Matrix aka SEM3 from Tony Buzan’s Master Your Memory. After spending one month memorizing the 100 basic Italian words, I’ve come to conclusion that the SEM3 can very useful and does work. However, when I don’t practice recalling the words regularly, I notice that it disappears from my memory matrix totally. Another important thing is the images that I use is also very important. When the image is not strong enough, it doesn’t seem to work at all. It’s kind of hard applying it to abstract words and it takes a lot of creativity to work on that. The motivation to learn is also very important. When I don’t have the mood to pick up those 5 words per day and I try to force myself to memorize something, I notice that I don’t seem to be able to recall the words well too. So having the SEM3 alone is not enough. I guess it takes a lot of practice.