Sharing With Love

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Simh Asana (Lion Pose)

I’m curious about the Simh asana. On most days, I do feel my voice feeling hoarse and sore. I’ve always suspected that I was not using my voice correctly. I searched the net and learnt that yes, there is a yoga pose that strengthens our throat and facial muscles.  The SImh asana is also known as the Lion Pose. It is said to help us strengthen those facial muscles to prevent wrinkles. It also helps cure sore throats and all. I tried it a few times today and my voice seems to have some resonance after the exercise.  It does produce a scary look too. This pose is best done when you’re spending time alone in the loo during working hours and at home.  I hope that the soreness in the throat will go away soon. Besides that, I’ve also practiced saying “Mmmm” while feeling the vibration of the lips and the head….this is said to be a good vocal exercise. I’m interested in learning more.  I’ll blog more if I find out more.