Sharing With Love

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Lost Symbol By Dan Brown Part 1.

Hi, this Fluffy the cub reporter back again with another book review. Sometimes I surprise myself. I had never read any of Dan Brown’s books before and I refused to watch the movie “The Da Vinci Code” because I had heard that he had written a lot of stuff that was untrue of the catholic church. It was sick because friends started asking me weird and bizarre questions about the Catholic church that was totally untrue. Yesterday when I was at the store, I decided to pick up The Lost Symbol. It was an impromptu decision. I didn’t know what else to read and The Lost Symbolhad been on the bestsellers list for a couple of weeks, so I did the unthinkable.


Anyway, I will blog about what I think of the storyline as I read along, good or bad. I will write my opinion of what I think of the story.

When I read the first 7 chapters of the book last night, it turned out to be intriguing. Ok, so Dan Brown’s a good writer. Each of the first few chapters ended with a cliffhanger to keep me reading further. The opening scene is an initiation ceremony of a guy in the Masons, a top secret underground group. The guy was drinking blood red wine from a human skull. Right, we all know that the Masons do exist but the ceremony could be fictional. Look what he did in the Da Vinci Code right? The Mason initiate however, has his own personal bad intentions for joining the Masons and we have yet to find out why. Then we meet Robert Langdon on his way to give a lecture in Washington. When he gets there, he suddenly realizes that something is very wrong and… that’s how my last chapter ended last night. I’ll find out more when I continue reading again. If this book turns out to be good, I might read the Da Vinci Code after all. Let’s see how it goes. Till my next update on The Lost Symbol.