Sharing With Love

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Lost Symbol Part 2.

As I read the story of the The Lost Symbolfurther, I was intrigued even more. I’m curious about Dan Brown and his stories…he seems to know so much about mystical stuff. There was a grotesque scene of a severed hand of his friend. (gulp) The hand represented “The hand of the mysteries” with the alchemical and allegorical symbols on it. It was an invitation to Robert Langdom by the crazy tattooed antagonist to know the truth. The truth of what? We still don’t know at this point in the story. I searched the net to read up more of the The Hand of The Mysteries. The hand represents an invitation to learn about the divine truth….the symbols on each finger are: The crown on the thumb, the star on the index finger, the sun on the middle finger, the lantern on the ring finger and the key on the pinky. Each symbol is a mystery but they represent something more… I think the Hand of the Mysteries was also mentioned in the TV show “Flash Forward”. There was a cult group known as The Blue Hand club or something like that in the show. That’s pretty interesting and intriguing….I learnt something new here but how much of this is fiction and how much is fact? Hmmm…

I also looked up the topic of Noetic Science on the net. Noetic science is about the link between modern science and mysticism. The power of mind over matter and the experiment of the crystallization of water with positive and negative thoughts. I’ve even seen some of Lynne McTaggart’s books in the store too. I find this intriguing too. I’ve read several books on the Power of Positive thinking and the Power of Your Subconscious Mind. Yes, I believe what is said of Noetic Science could be true and not really fiction. I’m now at the part where the villain is on his way to the secret lab where Katherine Soleman is. Katherine, by the way, is the sister of a Mason member. She studies Noetic Science, writes books and has done some breakthrough experiments in the story. Hmmm….I wonder what the villain is going to do when he gets to her. Or will she manage to get away from him? To be continued in another update….