Sharing With Love

Friday, November 05, 2010

Learning Italian Language with SEM3 – part 4

And now back to my experiment on the SEM3 aka self enhanced memory matrix method from Tony Buzan’s Master Your Memory. I’m currently applying this technique to learning few languages from his book. Today will be the last day on which I will focus on the Italian language. Next week I intend to apply the SEM3 on the 100 basic Russian words. I will now attempt to review another 10 basic Italian words.



My Italian words are pegged to numbers 5201 to 5300 of my SEM3. I have to associate every word with “Nuzzling” , an Italian guy/lady/animal , the 100 peg words, the English word and the Italian word. So far I’ve been thinking of really bizarre images that don’t really make sense but it’s easier to recall something that is so weird. Anyway, here goes….



5251 – I see an Italian guy covered with lace and he frolicking in a background with lots of lace. He is nuzzling a group of kids who are orphans (Often) and he is pointing to them saying they are very “Special” (Spesso). He also offers them some espresso to drink.



5252 –My Italian guy has a lion’s mane on his head. He is nuzzling a smaller lion. And on his mane, there is a cartoon old lady (the sort I always see in Tom and Jerry) SEWing (SU) ON his head



5253 – Italian guy is playing the game UNO with a lamb. He is nuzzling the lamb at the same time. And guess which card he draws out. The card that say ONE.



5254 – Italian guy lives up in the mountains and his lair is a cave in the forest. He is nuzzling Han Solo because there is no one else around. He and Hans SOLO are the ONLY humans up in that cave.



5255 – Italian guy is standing on gigantic lily pad and he is hugging a big letter “O” and the “O” is made of Oreo (OR) biscuit.



5256 – Italian guy is nuzzling a giant leech. The leech is part of group of giant leech choir. The OTHER leeches are all drooling. (Altro).



5257 – Italian guy is nuzzling a giant log. There is an OWL (our) sitting on the top of the log and he says he is ILL, NAUseas and he feels like THROwing out. (ill Nostro) (if you can think of a better imagine, please tell me!)



5258 – Italian guy is dressed in a big leaf and he is nuzzling a Ferrari. He is going OUT and he is in euphoria (Fuori)



5259 – Italian guy is nuzzling a cow and they’re jumping over the moon. He is feeling ULTRA VERSAtile. (attraverso)