Sharing With Love

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Angels And Demons Part 11

And now back to my reading on Angels And Demons .

Last night I finally finished reading the book. What a bizarre ending. Dan Brown’s a good writer but I don’t like the stuff mentioned about the Catholic Church. I hope other readers out there are able to recognize that some of it is really fiction. The story was compelling enough to make me hang on and turn every page. What is so amazing is his ability to keep a story going and going. He knows how to spin a story to make you believe it’s A but then he leads you to B instead. Sometimes C will just jump out and surprise you. Good guys are mistaken for bad guys and vice versa. To summarize, there are a few interlinking stories that keeps the story moving. The first act is the murder of the physicist/priest and the missing canister containing the antimatter. The second act is the race against time to save the four missing cardinals and Vittoria. The third act is on the antimatter and the bizarre revelation. If I could break the story down further and mind map the plot, the map would be a complicated web.

I’m going to get hold of the Da Vinci Code soon. Watch out for my review if you’re a fan of Dan Brown. Included in my reading list for this year are The Confession by John Grisham, The Girl who kicked the hornet’s nest and the rest of the series. Coming soon at a blog near you…..