Sharing With Love

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Da Vinci Code Part 6

And now back to my reading on the Da Vinci Code. I’m not too sure if its because I’m reading the third Dan Brown novel in a row or it’s the story. I’m beginning to feel exhausted. The story is getting very predictable or its just me trying to get out of the long weekend mood. I’m now past more than half of the book. I’m expecting another twist in the novel. For the first half of the book, I thought the bishop from Opus Dei was a bad guy but now it seems like he has been double crossed. The stuff mentioned about Mary Magdalene and Jesus seemed so bizarre. Is all that really true? The Priory of Sions? Assassinations of this brotherhood by the church in an attempt to hide the truth? After reading the part on Da Vinci’s painting of the last supper, I got to see this painting again. Was there really a woman next to Jesus in the painting? I don’t know. I’ll still remain a Catholic no matter what. The book could be just pure fiction. Maybe there could be a twist of some sort in the story. Perhaps it was just some fanatic responsible for stirring up things. I’ll continue my reading tonight.