Sharing With Love

Monday, February 07, 2011

The Da Vinci Code Part 1

Actually I didn’t want to read this book because I know the story would be offensive to the Catholic Church. However, this book is now my current read because I had found the first 2 Dan Brown novels very intriguing. In fact as I read the first few chapters, I realized he was probably writing about a fictional corrupted character from the church, who was doing something that is not right. Those of my friends who read this book, misunderstood and thought that all Catholics were like this character…hmmm…so it was a matter of perspective.

Anyway back to the review, the first few chapters of this book opened very much the same way has how Angels and Demons and The Lost Symbols did. I’m beginning to think that perhaps Dan Brown has a certain fixed ‘formula’ for all his stories. Well so far I’ve only read stories where Robert Langdon is the protagonist.   First an innocent character is murdered. (Again!). And Dan Brown is rudely awakened in the wee hours of the morning by an authority to lend his expertise on symbols left behind by the dead person, a curator in this case.  Each chapter has a cliff hanger and yes, the story has been interesting so far. I stopped at the part where he is at the murder scene giving his views on the message left behind by the curator. Let’s see how the story progresses.

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=carol00-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=0307474275&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>