Sharing With Love

Friday, September 03, 2010

Yoga & Pilates: My progress so far

Last week, I decided to start off by doing the shoulder stand just before bedtime. According to some yoga sites, this is one of poses for promoting digestion. Before doing this, I had to first make sure that I wasn’t feeling any queasy feeling in my stomach and that I wasn’t having any indigestion issues. It was an hour before bedtime so my stomach felt fine. (Supper was 2 hours before that). I got down on the floor and propped my body up with my hands. I held that pose for about 30 seconds and felt the blood rushing to my head. I was afraid that I might feel giddy but I was okay. When I got back down and stood up, I decided to go to bed. Surprisingly, I slept very well that night. When I woke up in the morning, I felt that I really had some quality sleep. So far I can’t really say that the shoulder stand had improved my digestion yet because the results can only be seen the long term. However I can say that it did give me a very good night’s sleep. 