Sharing With Love

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Knitting Blog: Tada!

Back View

Front View
My fingerless mitt is finally completed! This is my first ever project that was done on Double Pointed Knitting Needles. I had figured out how to use double pointed needles from watching some youtube videos. Isn’t that great? :-)

Some of the stitches are a bit loose but I didn’t stop. I just went on knitting because this is just a practice piece. I now have a general idea how to control the tension with Double Pointed Knitting Needles better. As the saying goes, if you never try, you’ll never get there so I did and I got here. Hee hee!

The free knitting pattern for the fingerless mitt was actually taken from another website. As this is a copyright, I can’t reprint the instructions here but you can look up “Sarah Bradberry” on the net and check out the pattern yourself. It shouldn’t be too difficult to look her pattern up on google.

Although this is a practice piece with some holes in between (HAHAHA!), the mitt is still practical enough to use. You can still wear this at night or at the movie theatre to keep your hands warm on a cold rainy day. When it’s dark, nobody notices anyway. I just have to take the mittens off when the lights come on.

Well since I only have one mitten, I’m just going to do another one to complete the pair. I hope to improve on the “M1” stitch better. I shall also watch the tension between the needles too. Check out my updates in the next few blogs.