Sharing With Love

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Yoga and Pilates : More on the balancing poses

Today is a public holiday so I'm at home blogging away some updates.

In the last pilates class, the teacher made us do more balancing poses. The hardest one was squating on the floor with one leg straighened in front of you. It made my thigh muscles ached the next day. I'm beginning to value her emphasize on training our balancing so much now. It does improve our concentration too. It helps me deal with stress. I haven't been practicing yesterday and today. Perhaps I would get down to it later today.

After the class, I shared with my teacher about my indigestion problems. She confirmed that the doing poses like the bow, swimming, the swan and the fish pose can help. When we lie on our bellies and do those poses, it helps to massage the digestive organs. I've yet to practice more on those suggested poses.

My lower back muscles needs to be strengthened. I can't lift my legs high when I do the fish pose. I'm going to have to work on those poses. I really hope that these workouts will help me get rid of my stomach problems for good. Really really hope so...