Sharing With Love

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Learning and Memory: Still on Suffixes.

Now back to my quest on testing out Tony Buzan’s SEM3 from Master Your Memory I could have finished the whole page of suffixes last night but I was so tired.

What I learned this week is that revision is very important for recalling information. At the beginning of the week when I tested out if I could remember all the 85 prefixes and some of the suffixes that I memorised from the book, I could only recall about 65% of the information. I had to spend another hour revising and improving my imagination for those words that I couldn’t remember. I still do forget some of the words whenever I do a recall. Perhaps I’m not using the “SMASHIN SCOPE” method well enough.

I had sort of forgotten one important thing about memory and recall. Tony Buzan recommended that we should try review the information regularly in Use Your Memory of Chapter 11. The recommended period is 10mins, followed by 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and finally 6 months. I think I’m going to do that and see if I can recall data better.