Sharing With Love

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Yoga and Pilates : Staying on Balance

I'm so looking forward to attending Pilates class tomorrow again. One of the exercises that I only started to appreciate lately is the balancing poses. I would normally wobble and struggle whenever I have to balance on one leg and hold a posture. I've started practicing regularly for the past few days and my sense of balancing has improved.

In Pilates, we usually balance on one leg as we roll down forward to touch our toes and then roll up again. It's even more challenging with the dumb bells.

Yoga poses are quite similar. The tree pose is one of them. I find that these balancing exercises help me to meditate better because my mind is so focused on trying to balance that I don't think about the stress and challenges that I face at work. It's harder for me to just meditate while lying on the floor because my thoughts wonder whenever I do that. So balancing workouts help me a lot in that sense too. I hope to practice a little more and get better each day. Let's see how it goes.