Sharing With Love

Friday, September 03, 2010

SEM3 : The beginning of a new chapter

In this blog, I’m going to put to test the recommended memory techniques suggested by Tony Buzan in his books Use Your Perfect Memory and Master Your Memory. Since there are many facts and languages that I’d like to learn, I’m going to use the SEM3 method to memorize a few thousand bits of information in an order. The only way to find out if his method really works is to try it out. I’ll be blogging my progress here.

From his book Master Your Memory, I’ve decided to start off with the “Vocabulary” section last night. I memorized the first 11 prefixes and it was a slow process. Perhaps I don’t have a strong imagination so that is why it’s taking a while. Today I managed to recall 10 out of the 11 prefixes in the correct order. The information was stored under the 5000 category of ‘sensation’ because that was the suggested category according to page 11.  At the moment, I’m still very excited about using the SEM3 method. The progress may be slow but it’s better than not starting at all. Let’s see how far this will go. I hope to memorize another 10 prefixes tonight.

To be continued in another blog section…