Sharing With Love

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yoga and Pilates : Working those fingers out

I think you will find this post extremely strange. I suddenly feel that I've not done much to work out my fingers and toes.

My mother had an operation done on her finger last year because she couldn't bend her finger. The doctor said it was due to a 'finger trigger'. And then this afternoon, her friend came by and shared with us about the same problem she's having. It sounds pretty scary.

You know, in the office we use the computer keyboard a lot and hold a computer mouse quite a bit. Plus I do lots of knitting too. I think the best way to keep the muscles on our fingers and hands healthy is to exercise it. So I promptly took out my hand grippers to work on it while waiting for my computer to boot.

A couple of workouts that I can think of for our fingers and toes include "The Mexican Wave" , bending the fingers backwards, standing on tiptop, squeezing our palms around a rubber ball and then stretching the fingers, squeezing our toes and then stretching them...I'll try to read up more on the net to find out more.

There's nothing to be paranoid about. It's just a random thought about those muscles that we hardly work out on. It's always good to know.