Sharing With Love

Sunday, December 05, 2010

My knitted sock.

Sadly, my knitted sock project didn’t turn out quite as expected. Although it does look like a sock (haha! What a consolation!), I got all the stitches wrong. What you see here is the result from a trainee pattern that I took off the net.

My first mistake started at the point where I had to divide the stitches between the heel and the instep. When I had to knit it as a flap piece, I had forgotten that the stockinette stitch has to be knitted differently from the way it is supposed to be knitted in the round.

The second mistake was something I couldn’t quite figure out. The instructions on the trainee sock pattern weren’t that clear. The rest of the sock at the point after the gusset suddenly has the wrong side facing outwards. Maybe it could be due to the number of rows at the gusset area? Or I had knitted in the wrong direction when I got back into the round again? I really don’t know.

The only good thing about having the pattern inside out is that I’m able to see the different sections of the sock clearly so my disaster project didn’t turn out to be that hopeless after all. I’m going to work on the second sock paying more attention to the stitches. I hope the second one turns out ok.