Sharing With Love

Monday, December 06, 2010

Learning Japanese with SEM3 Part 1

And now I will attempt to memorize 100 basic Japanese words using Tony Buzan’s SEM3 from Master Your Memory. I must admit I didn’t have much fun with the Russian words in the last four weeks. I think the Japanese language should be more interesting as we do have Japan Hour and on TV regularly and the sounds of the words are more familiar. Using the SEM3, I will attempt to link the image of the peg word, the English Word and the Japenese Word plus the action for the SEM3. The words in 5400 zone are to be associated with the action “Rubbing” and my character will be a Japanese Sumo Wrestler.

5001 – tie, An,a, Hitotsu no – Sumo Wrestler is rubbing his tie. On his tie, there is a big “A”. He is wearing that tie because “he told you so,” said his friend. (Hitostsu no)

5002 – noah, after,Atode – Sumo Wrestler and Noah are rubbing their skins after their match. I thought they were made of metal. (Atode)

5003 – ma, again, mata- Ma and Sumo wrestler are having a fight again. She jabs him his mata.

5004 – ra,all, minna – Sumu Wrestler and Minah (Minna) is rubbing all all the oil lamps before the God of Ra.

5005 – law,almost, hotondo – Sumutomo wrestler is ALWAYS rubbing the law book with anticipation. hoping that a Honda car will appear from thin air.