Sharing With Love

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Movie and Book Review - Percy Jackson and the Olympians


Olympian Gods, Really?

This is a review on the book as well as the movie Percy Jackson and the Olympians: the lightening thief. I am an ardent reader of paranormal books. I have a read almost all of the Sherrilyn Kenyon books, the Twilight books and many more. What I like about paranormal books is the magic and they usually take me to this different place full of magic, In short they help me relax by making me forget all my day to day worries. It does not mean that I live in a fantasy world; I just like going there sometimes.

So coming back to Percy Jackson book series, I managed to read all of them in 3 days (I know it's crazy but I do love reading books) and I must say that the movie did not do justice to the book, in fact the movie completely changed the storyline of the original book. I guess they did this because they were not ready to make the movies into series like the book. But since I had read the books beforehand, I was really disappointed by the movie as it was not what I was hoping for. But overall if you have not read the book then it is a good movie to watch.

This is one of those movies that kids would love, as it has a lot of special effects and magic, overall it is a good movie that you can watch with your family.

The story revolves around a kid named Percy who is the son of Poseidon (God of Sea) and a mortal woman. Percy is a demi-god and is accused of stealing Zeus's (God of Sky) lightening bolt. So now Percy has to find lightening bolt and the real thief and expose him and also save his mother from Hades (God of the underworld).




Dia likes writing articles and sharing her views and experiences with everyone.

If you like to get more tips, go visit her website where she talks about

best toaster oven [http://www.thebesttoasteroven.com/] like

Delonghi toaster oven [http://www.thebesttoasteroven.com/].