Sharing With Love

Friday, August 22, 2008

Am I going bonkers?

After moving to my new desk in the office, I no longer have anybody to turn around and share a joke with during work. The only neighbor I have is an old lady who has the tendency to doze off periodically while staring at her monitor. Zzz. Snort, Snort.

Fortunately, to brighten up my day, I would sometimes get a funny email or hear something really funny on my radio and have a really good laugh. Just today somebody called in the morning show to say that he just had a new haircut and it looks like the back of Darth Vader’s helmet. Ha! Ha! Ha! I held my hand to my mouth and tried to stifle my giggles. I just couldn’t stop laughing. I was getting a stitch from the joke! This caller had a really good sense of humour and I just couldn’t stop laughing to myself. Then suddenly to my surprise, I noticed a very disturbed looking old lady glancing at me suspiciously from my left. Oops. She probably thought I was loosing it.

Right beside this old lady sits Sleeping beauty no 2 who had dozed off at her workstation a few minutes earlier. A mirror lies propped in front of her to warn her of any passerby who might spot her catching some Zs as well as to reflect her sleepy face for passerby to see. (Hahaha!! Bet she didn’t know that!) Sleeping Beauty No2 glanced up at me with sleepy eyes and gave me a look of irritation. Dang! I woke her from her sweet dreams! She looked at me surprised but suspiciously too. I quickly recomposed myself and continued working on my figures. If I laughed anymore, she might just call the institution for lunatics I guess.

The other day I received an interesting riddle in an email. When I l found out that the answer to the riddle is there are no bananas in a coconut tree after trying to figure which species of monkey would be the first to climb up the coconut tree to retrieve the banana, I tried my best to suppress my laughter. Unfortunately Sleeping Beauty woke up and gave me a death look. Smile! You’re on candid camera! I wanted to yell but she cast me a look of death and rearranged her mirror so that she could see me from a better angle. Should I wave at her through the reflection of her mirror? Nah…she would think I was bonkers or something.

So if you’re that sender of the funny email, keep those funny mails coming. Oh and those funny calls on the radio too. I really love them. It gives me a good laugh as well as drives my colleagues crazy. That’s it for work entertainment news. Till the next blog.