Sharing With Love

Friday, August 15, 2008

A Cloudy Fascination

It was another lunch hour. We sat at our usual rendezvous eating our usual grub from the nearby food court. Amidst the usual munching and chatter, I stared out of the window and noticed the thick mass of cotton wool floating above our building. They looked like large spoonfuls of whip cream floating dreamily above us. As the minutes ticked by, I watched them swirl slowly and gather to form bigger clouds, like huge wide marsh mellows in the sky. Wouldn't it be nice to jump onto them and float merrily along with the clouds? Will they feel anything like cozy fluffy soft white pillows? As the wind painted the sky with splashes of vanilla ice cream, they began to resemble pieces of icing cake with a big mass of whip cream swirling about them.

Since then, I developed a new fascination with clouds. After searching the net I learnt a couple of things on the net. Did you know that clouds come with various names? Each shape and size can roughly tell you about the weather that is about to take place. The Cirrus, Stratus, Cumulus, Nimbus, cirrustratus, nimbostratus, the list goes on.... ahhh...the beauty of nature.

Nowadays I just can't resist taking a look at the window each time I get up to go to the copier or the loo or another part of the office. Check out the nimbustratus clouds in the photo. That's some cotton wool getting dirty. This is a sign that rain will come in about a few hours time...well unless the wind blows them to another part of Singapore....Hopefully I read those clouds correctly. I'll find out a few hours later from now.

My neighbour, the colleague who sits next to me and snoozes quite alot, is now pretty disturbed each time I turn around to look out of the window before leaving my seat. Haha! Is she conscious that I might see her snoozing in the reflection of our window? Hmmmm...if I can snap that shot, I would. Haha!