Sharing With Love

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Movie Reviews | Book Reviews


Movie Reviews by Reel People: 'Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2'
Friday Flyer
Immediately after this finale, a fan at the theater expressed her perpetual expectation of another Potter book, "After 10 years, now what am I going to do with my life?" Maybe get one? The point is so many fans have been devoted to this series of seven ...
See all stories on this topic »

Friday Flyer
IWatchedAMovie.com: A Brand New Movie Review Website Launched
San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
IWatchedAMovie.com is a movie review website that has reviews and ratings on thousands of movies. When one thinks of movie reviews, Rotten Tomatoes is the first thing that comes to mind. But, the people behind www.iwatchedamovie.com think this is going ...
See all stories on this topic »
Movie notes: Violence? In 'Friends With Benefits'?
San Antonio Express (blog)
I know this because I've had several discussions with copy editors who use iMDB as a fact-checking source for movie reviews. Anyway, the mistake has been corrected in the online versions of both Ebert's and Moore's reviews (Moore said today via email ...
See all stories on this topic »
Readers' reviews: Studio Ghibli, the Great British Album and The Inbetweeners ...
The Guardian
Jim Shelley's piece about The Inbetweeners movie provoked fierce arguments about whether the original TV show was a) truthful and hilarious or b) puerile rubbish. So we'll content ourselves with a gag from the show, posted by CousinBebop: Simon: "No ...
See all stories on this topic »

The Guardian
Review: Captain Amehrica – An Unexceptional Film for An Unexceptional Country
Big Hollywood
This is one of those things I see creeping through BH movie reviews; they seem to be looking too hard to be offended. Yes sometimes they hit the nail on the head, but sometimes I think they (the reviewers) see things that aren't always there. ...
See all stories on this topic »
F*** RT! Why is Cap Getting Mixed Reviews?
Comic Book Movie
Instead, for my own cathartic reasons, I've come up with some theories of my own which I think might explain the mixed reviews. 1) Superhero [origin] fatigue: This is something that's being brought up more and more as the number of superhero films ...
See all stories on this topic »
BWW Reviews: MTW's THE WEDDING SINGER Revisits the '80's
Broadway World
Admittedly, I have never seen the film in its entirety—save for a few accidental mid-movie landings on cable—primarily due to my slight aversion to most of the Adam Sandler oeuvre. I was, however, somewhat familiar with the peppy original Broadway ...
See all stories on this topic »
A New 'Spider-Man' Suit Debuts to Decidedly Mixed Reviews
New York Times (blog)
wondered a commenter named Max on EW.com, while MrFixit741 wrote, "I just can't wait to see the explanation for this horrid costume." To be fair, there was some praise, too. "I think the suit looks awesome, and I'm pumped for the movie," wrote Joe. ...
See all stories on this topic »

New York Times (blog)

Web1 new result for Movie Reviews | Book Reviews
 
Movie Reviews: Taken and The Road | Hunter-Gatherer
Movie Reviews: Taken and The Road. I watched two movies recently: The Road and Taken. ... I expected to enjoy The Road since I had loved the book by Cormac ...
hunter-gatherer.com/blog/movie-reviews-taken-and-road