Sharing With Love

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weird Dream - The Big Green Scaly Thing and Michael Jackson

I had this dream last Monday night after watching an episode of "The Fringe". This was one of the weirdest dreams I’ve had for 2009 so far. In this dream I was preparing to go to work in the morning. As I was putting on my shoes, I noticed a huge green scaly thing walking past our window but I didn't give it much thought and left the house. Then when I took the lift down and got to the void deck, I noticed a few people standing around looking very worried. They were starring fixedly at the car park. One of them appeared startled when he turned around to face me. He then placed his finger on his lips to indicate that I should not make a sound. I looked out and saw a huge dinosaur, the size of Godzilla, walking around the car park! He was taller than all the HDB flats in the neighbourhood and he looked really mean. Surprisingly, he didn't knock any buildings down or smash any cars. Godzilla didn't sense our presence at the void deck so we appeared to be safe from him.

As I recall, since I could not get to work, I decided to take the lift back up to our apartment to rest. It was Monday and the dinosaur saved me from facing the Monday blues. Hooray! My mother was waiting for me at the door when I emerged from the lift. "Thank goodness you haven't left!" she said. "You could have been eaten by that frightening dinosaur!" Now that wasn't the kind of thing your mother would say to you every morning. (Ha Ha!) Everything seemed so exciting that morning. I turned on the news and learnt that a science experiment had gone horribly wrong at the National University of Singapore and we now have a few dangerous extinct creatures roaming around the island! The government refused to comment further as this is a top secret experiment and everyone is to stay indoors while the Singapore Army and Civil Defense Force try their best to put these creatures down. At that moment a cave man filled the whole TV screen. I couldn't remember what happened in the rest of the dream. In fact when I woke up, I had forgotten all about this dream. It was only when I saw the janitor pushing her cart of cleaning detergents near the loo that I had a partial recollection of this funny dream. Weird huh?

In another dream, Michael Jackson was still alive. I had this dream a few months ago right after his death. In this dream, Michael Jackson was in a wheel chair. I was at some family gathering but I've never seen those relatives before. They all looked so much like me! We were all sitting at this long table having a meal together and Michael was our guest. He looked very Indian with curly hair, slightly darker skin (like his younger photo) and he had some shades on. He was also wearing a black shiny leather jacket and those famous white gloves. Some uncles who were sitting opposite me were trying to impress Michael with all sorts of stories but Michael appeared very shy and soft spoken. Later after the meal, I joined some cousins who were sitting around the garden. Michael wanted to compliment the person who cooked our meal so he asked me to hold his bag while he rolled into the kitchen. The bag he handed me was a 'Cold Storage' plastic bag with a picnic mat inside. I thought what a strange thing to bring along at a party like this. I couldn’t remember the rest of this dream either. Maybe I was thinking of him after his death ….that's it for weird dreams for now. See ya!